|[Position No Longer Available]||Forward Print|
|Position:||Quality Assurance Technician|
|Company:||Wegmans Food Markets|
|Job Location(s):||Rochester, NY|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Starting Salary Range:|
|Required Experience:||2 years|
|Required Security Clearance:||None|
|Related Categories:||Quality Assurance/Safety|
A glimpse at the job:
Performs analytical, physical, and sensory quality assurance testing on new and existing Wegmans Brand products; documents results, reports findings, and makes recommendations.
I will add value by:
* Performs detailed analysis and statistical samplings and makes suggestions and recommendations to the QA Manager and/or the QA Technologist regarding products.
* Analyze incoming products to ensure they meet quality standards and specifications
* Exhibits product knowledge, including an understanding of key product attributes and characteristics, as well as Wegmans expectations; utilizes this knowledge to make recommendation and decisions. Provides incredible customer service by completing testing and reporting findings within established deadlines; deals effectively with internal and external customers, including Merchants, Wegmans Brand, and product development
* Performs duties in an efficient, timely and professional manner, while exercising good judgment.
* Communicates information and results in a clear and concise manner.
* Collects and examines data using a variety of tools and resources assuring data accuracy.
* Manages time and resources to complete priority tasks and objectives; anticipates and responds to changes in the workload.
* Works well with others while respecting individual differences.
* Minimum two years experience in a product testing laboratory or similar environment
* Product knowledge and/or applicable experience testing both food and non-food items
* Ability to prioritize while working on multiple projects with varying deadlines.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Analytical and statistical skills.
* Ability to take direction and to work independently
* PC skills - Microsoft Office including MS Word and Excel. Must be Internet savvy
* Database management
* Detail oriented
* Team player
* Willing to work flexible hours
* Organizational Skills, Multitasking, Informing, Problem Solving, Adaptability, Data Entry Skills, Interpersonal Savvy, & Safety Focus
What will set me apart from other candidates:
Employment at Wegmans maybe contingent upon your completion and our evaluation of a physical, drug screen and/or criminal background check.