Time Warner Cable
Date: Apr 12, 2013
Location: Hornell, NY, US
Posting Job Title:Broadband Tech I
Requisition #: 142354BR
Posting Location: Hornell, NY, US
Area of Interest:Engineering/Technical Operations
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
Essential Job Functions:
- Connects, disconnects, adds outlets, and installs customer premise equipment (CPE).
- Downgrades and disconnects cable and related services in subscriber homes by disconnecting coaxial cable from the directional tap for both underground and aerial cable systems. Disconnects splitters and installs service traps.
- Educates customers concerning the use of Time Warner Cable services.
- Understands the concept and process of how cable television service is delivered in order to troubleshoot and repair any problems during installation.
- Troubleshoots and repairs all cable related services and equipment.
- Markets all cable related services to customers in order to maximize sales of company products/services. Keeps good customer service in mind.
- Understands and adheres to Time Warner Cable and Industry Safety standards while performing the job.
- Communicates with Dispatch via two- way radio and telephone to give and receive information when working in the field.
- Reads daily work orders that provide information on subscriber addresses and the services that need to be performed. Routes orders to efficiently perform duties as well as to satisfy the customer. Must be flexible with the original route to meet the demands of the customer.
- Collects required CPE, deposits, installation fees and other required monies.
- Insures that company vehicle is properly stocked.
- Is responsible for all CPE inventory assigned.
- Will be held accountable to complete daily work as established by the department.
- Performs vehicle safety inspection on a weekly basis, and submits reports to supervisor.
- Available for on call duties as required by department schedule.
- Requires ability to carry and deploy company issued fiberglass extension ladders.
- Must be able to obtain ladder certification during first month of new employee training.
- Must possess a valid NYS driver's license and safe driving record.
- Must be proficient in using Workforce Management system.
- Must maintain a professional appearance and wear company uniform and I.D. at all times.
- Requires ability to communicate effectively, tactfully and courteously with all customers and employees.
- Must be able to continuously learn and retain knowledge of new services being offered by the company.
- Must possess good manual dexterity. Ability to use small hand tools.
- Requires ability to efficiently assess a job to determine how it should be completed. Ability to determine how to most efficiently and effectively complete work at customer's home.
- Must possess basic math skills and reading comprehension.
- Must understand technology as related to all products offered by Time Warner Cable, Central NY Division.
- Must be available for overtime as required by business operations.
- Attention to detail is required.
- Ability to read street maps.
- Basic computer skills.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Associate's degree in electronics or related field desired.
- Successful completion of cable industry, computer, and technical related coursework.
- Experience in a mechanical/construction/automotive or electronic field is helpful
- Customer service experience in a fast paced, customer oriented environment helpful.
- The physical demands for this position are typical to an office environment and must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent lifting of weights up to 95 lbs. Must be able to lift and maneuver ladders.
- Must be able to drive a company vehicle on a frequent basis and while driving must not pose a threat to the safety of others.
- Must meet manufacturer's weight requirements for all equipment used including bucket trucks and ladders.
- Ability to climb 20+ foot telephone poles and work off extension ladders on a frequent basis.
- Frequently utilizes hand tools, including but not limited to small hand tools.
- Frequent use of a two-way radio.
- Ability to work underground or in high places.
- Frequently communicates in person and by telephone.
- Must be able to use all safety and climbing equipment.
Extensive outside contacts with customers and the general public. Interfaces with other technical systems, personnel, and Dispatch.
About Time Warner Cable:
Time Warner Cable is the second-largest cable operator in the U.S., with technologically advanced, well-clustered systems located mainly in five geographic areas - New York State (including New York City), the Carolinas, Ohio, southern California (including Los Angeles) and Texas. Time Warner Cable serves more than 14 million customers who subscribe to one or more of its video, high-speed data and voice services. Time Warner Cable Business Class offers a suite of phone, Internet, Ethernet and cable television services to businesses of all sizes. Time Warner Cable Media Sales, the advertising arm of Time Warner Cable, offers national, regional and local companies innovative advertising solutions that are targeted and affordable. More information about the services of Time Warner Cable is available at www.timewarnercable.com, www.twcbc.com and www.twcmediasales.com.
We are proud to offer a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, pension, a matched 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, and discounted services for employees who reside in a Time Warner Cable service area.
FCC Unit_TWC: 1053
Controlling Establishment ID: 00015 - Horseheads Elmira
Nearest Major Market: Corning
Job Segments: Engineer, TV, Outside Sales, Aerial Operator, Advertising, Engineering, Creative, Sales, Marketing