Timeline: Internship recruitment will occur during January through March 2018
Are you interested in being part of a high visibility, strategic team that directly impacts Amazon worldwide? We are looking for motivated self-starters that can work in a fast paced, data-driven environment. The successful candidate will be an analytical problem solver, have an extremely high level of customer focus and a passion for process improvement.
As you launch your career as a Business Analyst intern at Amazon, you will focus on improving the success within a business function by analyzing data, discovering and solving real world problem, and building metrics and business cases to improve customer experience. We are focused on your success and want to build future leaders within Amazon. You can expect a mixture of on-the-job and formalized training to boost skill development during your 3-month summer internship.
Successful candidates will demonstrate our leadership principles: a bias for action; customer-centricity; flexibility; analytical ability; the drive to own, build, and grow; along with the ability to have a little bit of fun.
Responsibilities may include:
* Enable effective decision making by analyzing data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format.
* Identify process and system improvement opportunities by monitoring existent metrics, analyzing data and partnering with internal teams
* Design and develop automated reporting solutions to enable stakeholders to manage the business and make effective decisions
* Supporting cross-functional teams on the day-to-day execution of the existent program implementation.
* Ability to break down and solve complex problems
* Develop high impact and scalable solutions
* Translate massive data sets into actionable business results
* Expand feature sets globally
* Build strategy on new businesses Please note, visa sponsorship is not available for this position
* Currently pursuing a bachelor's degree in business, finance, economics, information systems, Engineering or related field. * Must be willing to relocate to Seattle, North America Fulfillment Center, Sort Center, Delivery Station, or other operations during the summer * Basic to advanced knowledge of SQL (all join types, group by, order by, calculated columns) * Excel skill (including but not limited to vlookup, Write/edit VBA * Must be able to work 40 hours a week throughout the course of the 12 week internship
* Top-tier academic performance at the undergraduate level * Open to all Majors but preferred: Business, Computer, Data Engineering, Economics, Finance, Engineering, Mathematics, Machine Learning, Science, Statistics, Symbolic Systems * Ability to break down and solve complex problems in a high-energy, fast paced environment * Ability to think and act both strategically and tactically * Microsoft Power BI/Power Query * Basic knowledge of Tableau * Work, internship, or other leadership experience in a professional environment * Computer skills, including Microsoft Office (i.e., Excel, Word * Ability to deal with ambiguity * Exceptional written and verbal communication * Good organizational skills, including prioritization and time management
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation