Are you looking to gain real world experience in a thriving, global financial services firm with an award winning culture? Consider an internship and start building your career at Baird.
About our intern program:
Our competitive intern program is a robust experience that offers interns exposure to the business world and a meaningful work experience. Interns are treated as valuable team members while learning from experienced professionals in a collaborative, fun, and dynamic environment. Baird's summer program activities include an Intern Welcome Event in our corporate office in Milwaukee, multiple Lunch & Learns, and have the opportunity to use a Baird Cares Day and be compensated to volunteer in the community. They are also eligible to apply for $8,000 in scholarships. Our informal mentor program provides interns guidance and an opportunity to network throughout the summer.
Internship Location, Availability and Hours:
Located in our Janesville, WI office, interns must be able to work full time (37.5 - 40 hours per week) during the summer.
As a Private Wealth Management Intern, you will:
What we look for:
- Assist with administrative functions including answering phones and responding to basic client questions and forwards more advanced calls to Client Relationship Associate or Financial Advisors for handling.
- Process paperwork and documents necessary to assist others in the department, including opening new accounts for existing clients, death distributions, and trade corrections.
- Create quarterly performance reports and distribute to clients.
- Conduct cost basis research.
- Perform additional duties and assist with projects as assigned.
What makes this opportunity great:
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Finance or Business preferred. GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Prior office experience in a corporate or university setting.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and exceptional telephone etiquette.
- Must have a professional and positive attitude.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office package.
- Must be currently enrolled in college and live within a commutable distance.
Who we are: Baird is an employee owned, international wealth management, capital markets, private equity and asset management firm with more than 100 offices in the United States, Europe and Asia. Established in 1919, Baird has more than $171 billion in client assets and over 3,300 associates serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and municipal clients.
- Interns apply knowledge gained in the classroom to develop relevant professional experience while developing meaningful relationships.
- Gain experience specifically in private wealth management, with the ability to be considered for full time opportunities post-graduation including our Foundations program geared towards individuals whom want to become a financial advisor.
Baird has built an environment of trust, respect and teamwork, where associates are our greatest asset. Committed to being a great place to work, Baird ranked No. 4 on the Fortune magazine 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2017, its fourteenth consecutive year on the list. To learn more about Baird's culture, click