Union Pacific Railroad has a year-round internship available for interested students able to work 15-20 hours per week in the Marketing and Sales Department in Omaha,Nebraska. The internship provides an opportunity to interact in a business analysis support role, assisting in the relationship between people, process, and technology.
Students must be currently enrolled in a bachelor degree program in MIS or business related field,with some programming experience. Students must have college credits equivalent to two years towards an undergraduate degree, with at least one year remaining before graduation. Sophomore status or above is desired. Current or future employment-based sponsorship is not provided. Programming experience would be a plus, but not required.
Preferred experience:Experience with Microsoft Office suite and Internet Navigation.1 year experience / knowledge in computer applicationsAdvanced analytical and problem solving skillsAdvanced communication skillsAdvanced interpersonal skills
This is an internship position within the Revenue and Information Management team reporting to Bryan Whitcomb.
- The year-round internship program enables talented students to gain exposure to business intelligence and marketing and sales systems, transportation services and processes. These internships include client/server, web and e-business application support, database management, data security, workstation operating systems, PC support, etc., in a help delp desk support function.
- College credits equivalent to two years towards an undergraduate degree Student must be sophomore status or higher
- Intermediate analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient communication skills
- Proficient Web development skills
- Advanced Microsoft Suite skills
Union Pacific supports diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer inclusive of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.