|Formulations Scientist Intern|
|# of Openings||1|
JOB OBJECTIVE: To provide reagents, services and support to scientific staff.
1. Manufacture materials according to approved protocols and standard operating procedures. This includes materials such as buffers, reagents, solutions, dialysis tubing and buffered phenol. The scale of manufacturing can range from 10ml to 2000 liters.
2. Manufacture bulk products for inventory according to approved protocols.
3. Operate pH meters, conductivity meters, balances, autoclaves, peristaltic pumps, vacuum pumps, filtering apparatus and laboratory mixing equipment.
4. Perform in-process and final quality control tests to monitor process control and product quality for in-house materials, bulk products for inventory and finished inventory products. Analyze the results of testing to determine if the product passes or fails QC specifications.
5. Perform scientific calculations involving solution concentrations, dilutions and pH.
6. Follow departmental training and documentation procedures. Update procedures and protocols as needed. Understand and comply with all elements of the Promega Quality System outlined for the position.
7. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Assist in compiling information and data for special reports. Assist in specific projects as required and assigned.
2. Prepare new formulations, determine specifications for new formulations, and write protocols for new formulations as required.3. Participate in new product development teams as required.
3. May provide support to Labware preparation staff as required.
1. Junior or Senior standing in college pursuing an A.D. or B.S.degree in a scientific discipline (e.g., Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Molecular Biology, Microbiology). May have 0-3 years of related experience.
2. Familiar with biochemical separations, buffer preparation, and assay methods.
3. Familiar with basic principles of documentation using either laboratory notebook or batch record.
4. Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, ERP systems, etc.
1. Experience with chemical and/or assay methods.
2. Prior industry experience.
3. Familiarity with ISO 9000 or cGMPs.
4. Experience with use of computers for collection and analysis of experimental data.
1. Ability to safely lift and transport glassware and laboratory items up to 20 liters and/or 50 pounds.
2. Ability to move or assist in moving vessels containing 400 liters or 1000 pounds.
3. Ability to satisfy physical requirements to using a respirator and other safety equipment (lab coats, safety goggles, etc.).
4. Ability to work with computer and laboratory equipment.
5. Ability to work with hazardous materials (e.g. chemicals, electrical equipment) so as not to endanger oneself or others.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.