Skyworks Solutions, Inc. is empowering the wireless networking revolution. Our highly innovative analog semiconductors are connecting people, places and things spanning a number of new and previously unimagined applications. We possess broad technology capabilities and one of the most complete product portfolios in the industry. Our customers are global industry leaders who are driving innovative platforms that are changing the way we all live, work and play. Our global team collaborates daily to create the semiconductors the world relies on. If you're looking for a challenging and exciting career in a fast-paced environment, Skyworks offers a variety of roles in an environment that promotes prompt decision making, uninhibited sharing of best practices and individual ownership. Here, you'll find minimal layers of management, open communication and mutual trust and respect.
Requisition ID: 39802
Support the RF Design team with:
- Characterization of RF circuits up to 20 GHz (small & large signal, temperature, etc)
- Tuning and optimization of RF circuits up to 6 GHz
- RF Design simulations, data reports, etc.
- Candidate will work closely with and report to the RF design team.
Simulation, tuning, engineering verification, and product release support of highly integrated, high volume RFIC and Module product for high-growth, fast-paced, and competitive wireless handset and infrastructure markets. Basic design knowledge RF switch, low noise amplifiers and RF systems is a plus. The candidate will face inreasignly challenging tasks in order to meet critical deliverables.
- Currently enrolled in a PhD (strongly preferred) or a MS program studying Electrical Engineering
- Must be returning to school following the Co-Op assignment (we will not consider candidates who are graduating before December 2018)
- Able to commit to the Summer/Fall Co-Op Program wich goes from July 9, 2018 to December 21, 2018. (6 month Co-Op)
- Eager to learn and get hands on experience with highly integrated RF circuits for the wireless industry.
- Eager to get exposure to various state of the art semiconductor (pHEMT, SiGe, GaN, SOI, CMOS) and packaging processes (MCM, CuP, etc)
- Must be able to document and present her/his work in a clear and concise way.
- Must be able to work well with design engineers, test engineers, product engineers. Team player and willingness to work in a fast-pace environment to deliver product on schedule
- Basic knowledge of RF circuit design is a plus (transmission lines, discrete and disributed RF circuits, Passive RF circuits, Low Noise Amplifers, Power Amplifiers)
- Basic knowledge of RF circuit measurement is a plus (scattering parameters, intermodulation, gain compression, stability)
- Basic knowledge of RF measurement equipment and setups is a plus (VNA, RF sources, Spectrum Analyzer, Power Meter, etc)
- Basic knowledge in electromatics is a plus
Experience with any the simulation tools below is a plus:
- Cadence (Spectre-RF, Golden Gate)
- Advanced Design System (ADS) and associated simulation tools
- Microwave Office (MWO)
-EM simulation tools such as Momentum, Sonnet, HFSS, or EMX
Skyworks is proud to be an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in the workplace.
Nearest Major Market: Woburn
Nearest Secondary Market: Boston
Job Segment: Engineer, Network, Electrical, Telecom, Telecommunications, Technology, Engineering