Ensures the repair and maintenance of patient, lab and research equipment according to established standards. Calibrates machines and provides technical and emergency assistance. Maintains proper documentation on all activities and oversees correct installation of new equipment. Communicates with equipment manufacturers regarding proper functioning, maintenance and service contracts. Maintain, repair and in-service clinical staff on equipment and instrumentation. Evaluates new equipment proposals and give recommendations to department manager. Maintains a parts inventory.
Ensures the repair and maintenance of patient, lab and research equipment in accordance with manufacturer and hospital specifications. Ensures that new equipment meets specifications.
Performs preventive maintenance, calibration, electrical safety and operator/patient safety tests on a regular scheduled basis to ensure proper operation and a safe patient environment.
Inspects and evaluates incoming equipment.
Evaluates new equipment proposals and give recommendations to department manager. Maintains a parts inventory
Oversees proper installation of new medical equipment.
Oversees technical functions of the Department for all compliance with The Joint Commission and regulatory requirements.
Supervises outside vendor repair and calibration to ensure quality of workmanship.
Maintains proper documentation of work performed to be used by outside agencies.
Orients and trains personnel in the proper use of equipment.
- Explains equipment problems and solutions to clinical users and keeps them informed as to equipment status.
- Advises Clinical Engineering Manager of equipment status, failures, emergency conditions or urgent problems.
10. Responsible for maintaining audio and visual equipment throughout department.
11. Carries out to completion all manufacturers recalls and safety alerts. Reports all outcomes to the department manager.
12. Complies with appropriate reporting of incidents related to medical equipment as outlined by hospital policies and in accordance with all regulatory agencies.
13. Performs related duties, as required.
*ADA Essential Functions