Operation and Maintenance Trainer-TAME-USNY02006631
OPERATION AND MAINTENANCE TRAINER
REQUISITION NUMBER: TAME-USNY02006631
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you'll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It's all about progress.
Join us as an Operation and Maintenance Trainer and you'll be looking at a career-defining role based at our JFK Airport site.
As an Operation and Maintenance Trainer, you will be responsible for developing training courses and delivering training to all site employees including safety rules, customer service, operations and maintenance procedures, ATC, and train driver qualifications and certifications. The incumbent will be required to research, revise and write technical course material to keep courses updated as procedures and practices are revised and implemented. In addition, they will review and evaluate outside instructors and their training material.
- Deliver training and evaluate students' understanding of instructions. Audit employees in work situations to ensure compliance with training.
- Revise, write, and update operating manuals.
- Develop new training courses.
- Liaison with department managers and technical groups to develop knowledge of equipment and operating procedures.
- Create course lesson plans and delivery methods.
- Evaluate proposal and cost estimates for new documentation and training programs.
- Understand underlying needs and motivations of others to maximize team engagement.
- Exhibit an advanced level of skills in Microsoft applications, and develop professional written and oral presentations.
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Business, or Engineering. - 3+ years of experience in a Learning and Development role training employees on compliance, safety, and operations.
- Master's degree in Education, Business, or Engineering. - ATD Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP) - We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry's broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signaling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.