This position can be located in any market within the US. Some ideal markets are below.
- New York/New Jersey
- Los Angeles and surrounding cities
- Columbus, OH
CEVA is currently hiring a Business Development Director located in Lawrence, NY. The Director will act as subject matter expert, responsible for securing new Contract Logistics business through a targeted and clearly defined sales approach for new clients across aligned with specific verticals throughout North America. CEVA’s Contract Logistics division is focused on designing and operating complex supply chain solutions including dedicated and multi-client warehouse & e-Commerce fulfilment operations and dedicated and managed transportation solutions in the following verticals; automotive, technology, consumer & retail, industrial, healthcare, and aerospace. The successful candidate will be responsible for crafting account strategies, building customer relationships, supporting the development of best practice solutions and presenting same to potential customers. In addition, this individual will work internally to align all stakeholders and build support for these opportunities; ensuring timely RFP/RFQ response communications, sales presentation excellence, as well as supporting post-award on-boarding.
- Work with a wide range of stakeholders, across CEVA North America and other CEVA clusters, to develop compelling and integrated supply chain solutions, with a focus on complex, large scale dedicated & multi-client, single and multi-warehouse solutions, and dedicated and managed transportation solutions. This should include clearly articulating the CEVA value proposition for Contract Logistics.
- Develop and implement sales plans and sales campaigns to take advantage of market opportunities.
- Work well with and lead cross functional teams to develop innovative industry solutions to meet and exceed our customers’ objectives, increasing profit and service.
- Generate sales leads and participate in networking opportunities for MNCs and large North America-based companies, within the assigned market vertical.
- Ensure lead and opportunity pipelines have sufficient revenue to drive budgeted top line growth for CEVA.
- Utilize C-View (CEVA CRM) to manage customer accounts, contacts and opportunities as specified and within required timelines.
- Proactively establish and cultivate trust-based relationships with potential customers, with the aim of becoming their preferred Lead Logistics Provider.
- Prepare and present compelling, commercially creative proposals to prospective clients, ensuring accuracy and completeness of information and within clients’ specific timeframes.
- Secure new Contract Logistics business that meets or exceeds your personal new business annualized revenue target.
- Ensure all business development best practice processes & procedures are followed. Support the negotiation and development of contractual documents that protect CEVA's commercial and risk position.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree required, preferably in Supply Chain, Business Administration, Marketing or a technical field.
- 7+ years’ contract logistics sales experience working for a tier 1 3PL.
- Hunter mentality with demonstrable experience of successfully targeting supply chain leaders from large MNC’s and converting leads into significant business opportunities.
- Multi-year experience of working with companies in one or more (ideally) of the following sectors: Consumer & Retail, Technology, Automotive, Industrial, Aerospace or Healthcare.
- Strong communication skills; oral & written along with excellent presentation and report writing skills.
- Highly motivated and results oriented.
- Experience developing and implementing broad sales and related business programs.
- Applying comprehensive sales, business, and related principles and practices.
- Interpreting and applying company policies and procedures and applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
- Working with executive management.
- Developing and monitoring budgets.
- Providing consultation and advice on overall business strategies and philosophies.
- Integrating global sales, product development, and business strategies.
- Analyzing and researching information and determining actions.
- Understanding of marketing, research and development, manufacturing, and related business functions.
- PC skills; Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
Able to travel 60% or more
Able to travel 60% or more