- Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change. Must be able to work in a dynamic, complex, fast-paced organization.
- Communication Skills: Clearly and persuasively communicate, listen and seek clarifications; participate in meetings, write clearly and informatively, comfortable with public speaking.
- Professionalism: Work well in a fast-paced environment; treat others with respect and consideration; accept responsibility for own actions. Understand business implications of decisions, align work with strategic goals, complete administrative tasks and develop strategies to achieve organizational goals.
- Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Ability to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives: Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Problem Solving: Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner. Gather and analyze information skillfully; solicit feedback and use reason when dealing with emotional topics.
- A Bachelor degree in a health-related or social services field and significant related experience is required. Advanced degree and/or professional credential in a health care or related field is preferred.
- 3 years of experience in a clinical setting, voluntary health organization, or related fields preferred.
- Successful track record in program implementation and relationship building.
- Ability to travel as necessary to execute job duties. Overnight travel will be required. Travel percentage varies based on territory. Reliable transportation required and proof of valid Driver’s license.
- Comfortable interacting with families from diverse disability, cultural and economic backgrounds within both clinical and community environments.
- Advanced level Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Access, SharePoint, design programs and customer relationship management software.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.