HealthFitness has a great opportunity for a Fitness Program Coordinator at our client site located in New York, NY. As the Fitness Program Coordinator, you will be responsible for the development, planning, coordination, marketing and/or implementation of designated health and fitness programs and events, maximizing participation and engagement. Programs of focus include seminars, group exercise and personal training. You will also manage program delivery process and teams, ensures all staff are properly trained, monitors quality and reports on program outcomes. You may also participate in leading an internship program, program delivery and perform other staff responsibilities such as instructing group exercise classes; personal training; conducting fitness tests, exercise prescriptions, and orientations; and fitness floor coverage and facility oversight.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversees all programming within designated areas; develops, coordinates, manages, implements and evaluates health and fitness programs within specified program areas to maximize participation, outcomes and customer satisfaction and supervision of programs, services and staff. Ensures staff is properly trained and certified.
- Facilitates the close alignment of programs with the client's business needs, employee culture and corporate health strategies. Coordinates marketing of programs to maximize outreach and engagement; develops and distributes electronic and print promotional materials to communicate program offerings and special events.
- Gathers program outcomes data and measures results; evaluates and reports on program effectiveness in meeting objectives and makes recommendations for future program enhancements or modifications.
- Researches health & fitness educational topics within their specified areas and identifies appropriate participant educational materials.
- Participates in business planning and budgeting process relating to program and service offerings in their area of expertise.
- Provides individual and group exercise instruction as applicable; educates participants on proper techniques to maximize exercise safety and effectiveness.
- Other duties as needed/assigned.
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Exercise Science, Health Promotion, Kinesiology or related discipline.
- CPR/AED and first aid certifications from either American Heart Association or American Red Cross.
- Demonstrated experience in leading, coordinating and delivering effective programs including budgeting, marketing and promotions.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including at minimum Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
- Proficiency in fitness assessment and exercise prescription if applicable.
- Industry recognized Group Exercise certification required within 6 months of hire.
- Personal Training certification from ACE, AFAA, ACSM, NSCA or NASM required within 6 months of hire.
- 3+ years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability
New York, New York, United States
Business Unit for Reporting