Job DescriptionJob Title: Patient Services Representative (Chautauqua - Part-time)
Job ID: 25291518
Shift: Day Job
Facility: Corporate Revenue Cycle
Department: Rev Cyc Patient Access
Apply today for a Patient Services Representative with UPMC Chautauqua! A Patient Services Representative is responsible for welcoming patients upon arrival, promoting the usage of new and emerging consumer-friendly technologies, educating patients on their copayments and financial obligations and collecting payments when applicable, scheduling subsequent appointments within the continuum of care, connecting patients to financial advocacy resources when appropriate, updating patient's demographics and insurance coverage information, and promoting an overall culture of service excellence. We are seeking candidates with a strong customer service background and a desire to be empowered to ensure a positive experience during a patient's visit to UPMC.
Location: Various locations at Riverwalk, Lakewood, and the Main office building
Status: Part-time 20 hours per week but can be scheduled up to 40 hours.
Shift: Variable shifts between 6:30am and 6pm
Days: Varied days Monday - Saturday. Some holiday coverage required.
Are you up for the challenge? Look no further, apply today!
- Help patients navigate the healthcare system by providing clear and understandable instructions. Provides follow-up to unresolved patient questions or needs to ensure the appropriate continuity of care.
- Assist with administrative duties in the office including but not limited to scanning of medical records and faxing
- Guide patient through use of self-arrival technology or check-in patient at desk depending on patient preference
- Schedule or connect patient to resources to schedule for ancillary services at checkout
- Understands the principles of service recovery and is both empowered and responsible for taking appropriate action to recover from service that does not meet the expectation of the UPMC Experience.
- Assist patients in education of financial responsibility and connect them to advocacy resources as needed
- Obtain signature of patient or family member for consent to treatment and financial responsibility following the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) rules and regulations
- Confirm/verify insurance benefits with the appropriate carrier via online verification systems or telephone inquiries
- Promote MyUPMC patient portal and assist patients in registration when applicable
- Collect copayments and any other applicable patient payments at the point of service
- Provide a warm greeting for all patients
- Register patients in Biometrics (fingerprint recognition) program and explain benefits
- Confirm and/or update patient registration information at checkout
- Appropriately distribute / triage phone calls to other areas and / or clinical providers
- Schedule follow-up appointments within the practice at checkout
- Completion of high school graduate or equivalent is required.
- Experience with personal computer based applications, other various office equipment and proficient typing skills are preferred.
- Two years of experience in a medical / billing / fiscal or customer service function is preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology is preferred.
- Prior experience with Medipac, Epic, or other health records systems is preferred.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Salary Range: $12.93 to $19.68 / hour
Union Position: No
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.