Join the family of over 20,000 associates at the largest baking company in the USA Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Top Reasons to Work at Bimbo Bakeries USA as a Maintenance Technician:
* Great starting pay rate: $23.83/hr - $24.58/hr (Depending on performance on skills assessment test)
* Pay for skills program to increase wages
* Excellent benefits with low premiums - medical, dental & vision
* Stable Union position
* Company sponsored Health & Wellness, Gym Membership program, and discount program
* Paid Training period
* Opportunities to grow internal within the team as well as within BBU
Maintenance Technician Position Summary:
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for ensuring equipment reliability by repairing and maintaining a wide range of processing equipment across the plant/bakery.
Maintenance Technician Key Job Responsibilities:
* Ensure safety and food-safety by following all company, OSHA, and government rules and procedures including; Lock-out / Tag-out procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's), personal safety, and food safety/SQF Program standards.
* Effectively support the Preventative Maintenance (PM) program with a goal of continually reducing unscheduled downtime.
* Troubleshoot, diagnose, and develop sustainable solutions for issues with equipment to include; PLC controlled equipment, plant electrical, hydraulic/pneumatic, and mechanical systems including motors, instrumentation, distribution, and feed control systems.
* Complete all assigned work orders within the time allotted. Maintain complete records of work performed using software, work orders and detailed logs.
* Assist with equipment change overs and line startups, troubleshooting issues as needed.
* Identify required parts and maintain current inventories, and parts reorder lists.
* Act with a Continuous Improvement mindset seeking areas of opportunity for improvement and participating in cross-functional CI focused projects.
* Additional responsibilities and duties as assigned by supervisor
Schedule Hiring for:
Days: Sunday - Saturday; Days off vary
Shift Start Time: To be determined
Overtime may be needed
Maintenance Technician Qualifications:
* High School Diploma or GED is preferred
* Associates degree and/or Technical School certification or training in basic electricity is preferred
* Ability to troubleshoot and repair electrical systems up to 480v, 3 phase motors, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, and read and interpret electrical drawings
* Working knowledge of and ability to troubleshoot PLC's, VFD's and HMI's is preferred
* Preferred - 3 years' experience maintaining manufacturing systems and equipment in an automated plant as well as training/experience with compressed air systems, boilers, pneumatics, and hydraulics.
* Ability to work and communicate effectively in a fast-paced environment and adapt to frequent changes.
* Ability to understand and follow both written and verbal instructions with high level of detail and accuracy.
* Willing to work irregular and/or rotating shifts, including split days off (non-consecutive days off), and holidays when needed
* Physical requirements: ability to work 8+ hour shifts, lift 50+ pounds, stand, climb, and/or stoop for prolonged periods of time, perform repetitive motions, and work in an environment with varying temperatures and humidity.
* A combination of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted.
Internal Job Title: Maintenance Mechanic, Maintenance Trainee, Oiler/Maintenance Helper
Keywords: Mechanic, Maintenance Tech, Maintenance Mechanic, Maintenance Electrician, Electro-Mechanical, Multi-Craft, Multi-Skill, Industrial Mechanic, Facilities mechanic, Industrial Electrician, HVAC Technician, Automation Technician, PLC Technician, Controls Technician
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.