NYU Langone Hospital - Brooklyn is a full-service teaching hospital and Level I trauma center located in Sunset Park, Brooklyn. The hospital is central to a comprehensive network of affiliated ambulatory and outpatient practices, and serves as NYU Langone Health's anchor for healthcare access, growth, and delivery in the entire borough. Learn more about NYU Langone Hospital - Brooklyn.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as an Administrative Director- Surgery & Anesthesia.
In this role, the successful candidate will be accountable for the day-to-day operations for the Departments of Surgery and Anesthesia at NYU Langone Hospital - Brooklyn. This includes maintenance of adequate resources, including staff; development and implementation of policies, procedures, and systems for smooth patient flow and management of the environment. Facilitates the administration process of clinical and departmental activities (e.g., facilitates the administrative process of recruiting and on-boarding process, maintaining records, compiling and monitoring the master schedule for meetings; monitoring and developing budget; coordinating seminars, training programs and other related activities). Works with internal and external parties to organize the various components needed to initiate, run and complete major projects. Administers and manages a variety of administrative and research-related projects (gathering, collecting and data analysis) to support both Departments. Dual reporting to the VP of Surgery and the VP of Anesthesia.
- CORE VALUES - Demonstrates knowledge of the organization's mission and Core Values and incorporates them into the performance of duties at the CMC.
- STRATEGIC PLANNING (In Conjunction with the VP) - Develops and implements strategic goals related to the management of the Department. Reviews reports re: patient activity, resource utilization, and budget variances; and identify trends and patterns from analysis and recommends actions. Develops strategies to ensure optimization of funding and financial support for professional activities. Develops marketing strategies for the Department. Oversees the strategic development of space allocation and facilities planning for department. Develops and implements strategic plans targeted for growth.
- OPERATIONS - Provides administrative direction and oversight of policies and procedures for the Department. Resolve day-to-day operational issues and problems (e.g., staffing, interactions with other departments). Establish schedules, assignments and allocation of resources to ensure effective patient care and efficient clinic service. Develops and implements policies and procedures related to patient scheduling and operational issues in collaboration with the clinical and administrative staff. Interfaces with other departments including IT, telecommunications, housekeeping, supply chain, and facilities to ensure optimal services for Departmental activities.
- FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT AND BUSINESS MODELING/PLANNING - Oversees the development of business plans for all Initiatives, that is, planning, market analysis, marketing and implementation. Oversees the preparation of capital and all sources of funding, including operating budgets. Develops strategies for cost containment and maximization of revenues. Provides administrative support to Senior Leadership on developing and monitoring workload and revenue indicators.
- PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT (In Conjunction with the Leadership) - Develops and coordinates new programs and oversees their management. Develops in-service sessions, proposes and implements new programs to generate additional revenue. Conducts and schedules regular meetings with key personnel to promote the most effective services. Determines the productivity of each program based on Physician, Researcher and Faculty needs, patient needs, staffing qualifications and or organizational constraints.
- DEVELOPMENT OF DEPARTMENTAL GOALS - Establishes goals, objectives and service standards for the Department. Guides and controls departmental activities to ensure the Department responds to the needs of the Medical Center. Submits long and short term departmental goals to Leadership on, no less than, a yearly basis. Prepares written reports periodically regarding the status of or changes to department objectives/initiatives.
- STAFF/FACULTY MANAGEMENT - Ensures that all staff are provided with orientation, ongoing education, and dissemination of policies and practical information.
- COMPLIANCE AND POLICY DEVELOPMENT - Assures compliance with regulatory agency requirements related to the academic, clinical and research needs of the department. Researches changes in regulations and develops a plan for compliance and/or performance improvement. Develops a communication plan for new policies and procedures that impact the department which includes methodologies to facilitate compliance. Oversees the preparation of externally and internally mandated reports.
- GRANT MANAGEMENT - May provide oversight for grant management activity in the department and clinical research compliance in the department. Oversees the management of funding provided under grants and contracts assigned to department. Oversees compliance with funding agencies and IRB requirements.
- SPECIAL PROJECTS - Participates in special projects and performs other duties as needed.
- Bachelor degree in business administration, health care administration or related field and 5 years' related progressively responsible management and budget administration experience including experience planning and implementing administrative activities and supervising staff, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Excellent organization, interpersonal, problem solving, and written and verbal communication skills. Ability to interface effectively with all levels of management; ability to interpret and effectively communicate policies and procedures to individuals at all levels (both internal and external customers).
- Proficiency in using various Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook. Familiar with Internet applications.
- Master's Degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration or relevant discipline.
- 7-10 years relevant management experience preferred.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Hospital - Brooklyn provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Hospital-Brooklyn is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Hospital- Brooklyn's EEO policies, please . Please to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please .