Thornton Tomasetti provides engineering design, investigation and analysis services to clients worldwide on projects of every size and level of complexity. We are a growing 1500+ person firm with 10 practices: Structural Engineering, Forensics, Applied Science, Renewal, Property Loss Consulting, Construction Engineering, Protective Design and Security, Facade Engineering, Sustainability and Transportation. We work on everything from landmark buildings to small-scale specialty structures, from the historic to the high performing, while balancing multiple objectives, including form, function, schedule, sustainability, constructability and budget. TALENT is at the core of our business.
We are seeking a Senior Billing Coordinator to join our growing team.
* Set up new projects and monitor the status of existing projects in the accounting system
* Effectively communicate with Project Managers regarding contract documents, change orders and other contract modification, approvals, and any additional service-related to billing.
* Compile, analyze, & process high volume of project bills to clients on a monthly basis.
* Work closely with project managers to ensure that invoices are accurate and comply with corporate guidelines.
* Review weekly timesheets to ensure that they have been submitted and approved prior to invoicing.
* Maintain project billing folder and accounting system to ensure all invoices and other project related documents are readily accessible for project managers & accounting department
* Communicate professionally with project managers, clients and other staff providing accurate information and responds timely to inquiries and completion of assignments.
* Investigate billing errors, resolve discrepancies and reconciles the account.
* Assist with special projects as needed.
* Provide support to other accounting staff.
* 3-5 years of billing experience, preferably in the engineering, architectural, or construction industry.
* Associates or Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance or similar field.
* Knowledge of Deltek Vision software is required.
* Proficient in MS Excel.
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to organize and coordinate tasks.
* Detail oriented.
Thornton Tomasetti is proud to be an equal employment workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Thornton Tomasetti are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Please access the linked document by clicking select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.