This HRBP roleis an exciting opportunity to be a part of Guardian's transforming Technologyorganization. This is a strategic HRrole that requires strong consultative skills to facilitate culture change andbe a steward of the One Guardian enterprise mindset and build leadershipcapability and effective leadership teams. Role priorities evolve and currentlyinclude: organizational design, strategic workforce planning, culture change,leadership development, Inclusion & Diversity, and talent pipelinestrategy. He/she will also serve as a senior member of the EBTS HR team andwill provide insights and mentorship to others.
- Providestrategic, trusted consultation and thought leadership to executive technologyleaders and their teams to develop and implement talent strategies required tosuccessfully execute enterprise and client business strategy and anticipatefuture organization and talent requirements of client(s) based on business, industryand market conditions.
- Developeffective leaders within the organization, focusing on leadership needs and keythemes identified as part of the business strategy and organizational andtalent review processes. Work with leaders to create strategies to close talentgaps, develop a highly effective leadership team, develop bench strength forsuccession and talent management.
- Design andimplement retention strategies focusing on key leaders and individuals withcore competencies or skills critical to the organization. Coach leaders ontheir personal efficacy and leadership impact.
- Driveoperating model discussions with leaders and provide ongoing support as theoperating model is refined.
- Manage andsupport the HR Service Delivery - working with and through Centers ofExcellence (COE) to execute talent strategy.
- Help theleadership team with substantial change initiatives and understand impact tothe organization.
- Deliversolutions to improve processes, team dynamics, etc. to optimize organizationaleffectiveness. Initiate and implementoptimal organizational structures to accomplish business objectives andleverage talent.
- Act as achange agent to client groups, partners, and project teams to driveorganizational change through the application of a common framework, processand set of best practice tools, which prepare employees for ongoing change andtransformation.
- Assist in thecreation of development plans for high potential employees and identifies highpotentials at all levels for current- and future-state critical roles.
- Providethought leadership and drives execution of business strategy, goals andpriorities.
- Execute onpriorities of the HR function.
- Approachcomplex problems with rigor, quickly diagnosing issues, approach and resourcesrequired for an effective solution.
- Buildeffective linkages and alliances with other HR functions to ensure alignmentaround implementation of HR processes/programs in business lines.
- Use enterpriseprograms for senior leader development and to improve organizational capabilityincluding, Diversity and Inclusion, etc.
- Develop andinspire others by actively coaching and developing team members.
- Help createand foster an inclusive culture and empower the team to create an environmentthat embraces diversity of thought and inclusion.
- 12 plus yearsof progressive human resources business partner experience with a strongbusiness acumen and ability to contribute to the business strategy.
- BA/BSrequired, MBA/MS in human resources or related field highly desirable.
- Experience asa business partner to senior leaders within a technology organization, a plus.
- Scaled AgileFramework (SAFe) experience a plus.
- Strong assessmentand analytical skills.
- Ability to useexcellent judgment while working with multiple priorities and deadlines in afast-paced environment.
- Proven abilityto drive change and influence leadership and build relationships with alllevels.
- Courage tomake difficult decisions by establishing high trust and credibility with thebusiness leaders.
- Demonstratedexpertise in business and talent strategy, culture change, workforce planning,data and analytics, organizational design, talent management, and transformationalorganizational changes.
- Demonstratedstrength in business acumen, strong strategic perspective to leverage outsidein perspectives, and ability to make internal connections for the business.
- Ability towork from home and travel as needed to locations in NY, NY; Bethlehem, PA; Holmdel, NJ; Denver, CO.
- 20% travel required.
- At Guardian, you'll have the support andflexibility to achieve your professional and personal goals.
- Through skill-building, leadership developmentand philanthropic opportunities, we provide opportunities to build communitiesand grow your career, surrounded by diverse colleagues with high ethicalstandards.
- Meaningful andchallenging work opportunities to accelerate technology and innovation in asecure and compliant way.
- Excellentmedical, dental, supplemental health, life and vision coverage for you and yourdependents with no wait period.
- Life anddisability insurance.
- A great 401(k)with match.
- Tuition assistance,paid parental leave and backup family care.
- Dynamic,modern work environments that promote collaboration and creativity.
- Flexible timeoff, dress code, and work location policies to balance your work and life inthe ways that suit you best.
- Socialresponsibility in all aspects of our work. We volunteer within our localcommunities, create educational alliances with colleges, drive a variety ofinitiatives in sustainability, and advocate for diversity and inclusion in allthat we do.
Guardian has been helping people protect their futures and secure their lives for more than 150 years. Every day, we serve approximately 27 million people through a range of insurance and financial products. As one of the largest mutual insurance companies, we know what matters most: putting the needs of our customers first. Because everyone deserves a Guardian. Learn more about Guardian at
Guardian is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Copyright 2019 The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America, New York, NY.