This position is responsible for both acquisition sales and overall account ownership to high profile, Fortune 500 businesses, City/County/State government accounts, large scale education institutions, Medical Systems and tribal communities. This includes all facets of customer lifecycle including identifying new sales opportunities, C-Level positioning, delivering professional sales presentations in writing and in person, active follow up, and complex contract negotiations.
- Manage accounts on an on-going basis ensuring satisfaction and retention through superior customer focus. This includes frequent service follow-ups, problem solving, and emerging needs identification
- Manage installation projects with various teams to ensure on-time delivery, successful turn-up and customer satisfaction
- Respond to requests from customers for information, support, assistance, joint proposals, pricing, etc.
- Respond to demand sales requests
- Supports others within the sales/service team to achieve customer satisfaction
- Conduct proactive sales activities, including proactive needs assessment, applications development, proposal presentation, order negotiation and post-sales service requirements
- Negotiate to secure contracts with MIS and Telecommunications Managers in order to achieve revenue growth and retention
- Demonstrated success in telecommunications and internet sales to end-user customers, including strategic and large business customers and government accounts using relationship management and system sales concepts
- Ability to sell to C level executives within an organization
- Proven ability to build and execute a multi year sales revenue plan into Complex accounts.
- Experience in systems selling, consultative sales techniques, and account planning including account profiling, account positioning strategy, customer needs analysis, sales opportunity development, service improvement planning, and long range account management strategies
- Professional business acumen in funnel management and forecasting in a CRM environment
- Product knowledge of both switched and dedicated services, as well as associated end-user and carrier applications
- Operational understanding of telecommunications ordering, provisioning, and billing processes
- Working knowledge of general marketing principle tools and processes
- Skills necessary for decision making and maintaining customer retention
- 2-4 yr College degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 8 year track record of success selling to large business with technical solution
- Track record of $150k+ in W-2 earnings
- Involvement in trade and commercial organizations to expand the market awareness of the company
- 10+ years success building RFP templates; winning multi-site bids with million dollar contract values
In accordance with the NYC COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, all NYC employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, this requirement must be met prior to your start date, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved prior to your start date. An exemption is provided to the extent required, consistent with federal, state and local law.
Astound Broadband Powered by RCN is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace, support, and thrive on each other's differences to maximize the experience of our teammates and our community. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.